If you have anything that you use in your methodology which is useful please let me know and I'll share
Restart the box - wait 2+ minutes until it comes back and all services have started
- Find service and version
- Find known service bugs
- Find configuration issues
- Run nmap port scan / banner grabbing
- Every error message
- Every URL path
- Every parameter to find versions/apps/bugs
- Every version exploit db
- Every version vulnerability
- User enumeration
- Password bruteforce
- Default credentials google search
nmap --script exploit -Pn $ip
- dotdotpwn/LFI suite
- view source
- LFI\RFI test
- snmpwalk -c public -v1 $ip 1
- smbclient -L //$ip
- smbmap -H $ip
- nmap scripts
- MSF Aux Modules
- Download software....uh'oh you're at this stage
- Gather version numbers
- Default Creds
- Creds previously gathered
- Download the software
- 1.Have you confirmed the service on the port manually and googled all the things (the SSH string, the banner text, the source)?
- 2.Is there a service that will allow you to enumerate something useful (i.e. usernames) but maybe doesn't make that obvious (e.g. RID brute-force through SMB with crackmapexec or lookupsid.py)?
- 3.Have you used the best wordlist possible for your tasks (is there a better/bigger directory list? Is there a SecLists cred list for this service?)
- 4.Have you fuzzed the directories you have found for a) more directories, or b) common filetypes -x php,pl,sh,etc
- 5.Have you tried some manual testing (MySQL, wireshark inspections)
- 6.Have you collected all the hashes and cracked them?
- 7.Have you tried ALL COMBINATIONS of the username/passwords and not just the pairs given? Have you tried them across all services/apps?
- 8.Do the version numbers tell you anything about the host?
- 9.Have you tried bruteforce (cewl, patator)?
- 10.Can you think of a way to find more information: More credentials, more URLs, more files, more ports, more access?
- 11.Do you need to relax some of the terms used for searching? Instead of v2.8 maybe we check for anything under 3.
- 12.Do you need a break?
- Screenshot of IPConfig/WhoamI
- Copy proof.txt
- Dump hashes
- Dump SSH Keys
- Delete files
- Reset Machine